The PM 1A is a combined mic preamp/DI, based on a classic TUBE-TECH design, but featuring even higher fidelity and a few new features: An impedance switch to match the input perfectly to all types of microphones, an overload indicator and 2 dB gain steps.
Serious listening tests of the PM 1A have revealed a sound quality second to none, placing it among a handful of the worlds very best designs.
The PM 1A DI continues the TUBE-TECH tradition of extremely good sounding DI’s, delivering world class sound for bass and guitar DI recordings. You simply won’t find a better DI than this!
Note: Due to the high quality of the TUBE-TECH RM Series power supply and the pristine audio circuits, the Modular Series products deliver exactly the same uncompromised sound quality as our 19” units.
- All-tube design featuring push-pull output amplifier
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Typical noise: 5 dB @ 200Ω
- CMRR: > 60 dB @ 10 kHz
- Gain: +10 dB to +70 dB in 2 dB steps – DI gain: 0-60 dB
- Selectable mic input impedance: 600 Ω/1.2 kΩ/2.4 kΩ
- Selectable pad in front of input transformer (-20 dB)
- Selectable +48 V phantom power
- Low cut filter (20 Hz/40 Hz/Off)
- Phase reverse
- Overload indicator
- Gold plated switches
- DI Jack input for a variety of instruments
- DI input impedance > 1 MΩ
- MU-metal shielded input transformer
- In- and output are transformer balanced and fully floating
The TUBE-TECH PM 1A is a combined Microphone Preamplifier and Direct Instrument amplifier.
The input provides a switchable +48 V phantom power, a select-able mic. impedance of 600/1200/2400 Ohm, a phase reverse switch, a low-cut filter (20 Hz/40 Hz/off), as well as a switchable -20 dB pad. Gain is adjustable from +10 dB to +70 dB.
The Direct Instrument Input are unbalanced with a gain ranging from + 10 dB to + 60 dB. The amplifier is all tube. Input transformer is enclosed in a MU-metal can. Input and output transformers come with a static screen between the primary and secondary wirings. The input and output are balanced as well as fully floating.