«The MP-2NV (two channel mic preamp) greatly modernizes and improves classic British design. This single-rack-space pair of preamps offer the same definitive sonic fidelity and expert craftsmanship as all Great River products, with the ability to fine-tune gain effects like 1970‘s-era 1073‘s. Transparency and vintage harmonic structure are both achieved with NV-Series preamps.
The MP-2NV achieves “new classic” performance status with two discrete Class-A gain stages (the dual gain-stage meters are a Great River exclusive), a front-panel DI input jack which is routed via FET through the input transformer (also unique to Great River preamps) for must-hear-to-believe sound from all hi-Z instruments, and a discrete high-current Class-A big iron transformer-coupled output amplifier. The MP-2NV is a fundamentally important audio tool that brings out the best in every microphone and instrument.
The NV Series’ construction quality is “like a beautiful battleship”, said one grizzled audio veteran.
* Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced; ¼‘ -10dbV output for no-latency DAW monitoring; high-Z input on front panel (disconnects mic input): TRS ¼” insert patch point for compressor or equalizer ahead of the output amplifier
* Adjustable gain stages: input in 5db steps to 60db; output from -25 to +10db; maximum overall gain 70db; 2 to 3 stages of single ended solid state amplifier gain blocks, depending on gain structure; high-current 70ma Class A bias on output stage
* Input and output meters on each channel (dual-stage metering is a Great River exclusive)
* Front panel switches: polarity; phantom power; input impedance (1200 / 300 ohm); output loading (600 ohm resistor across output transformer)
* High quality, custom wound Sowter transformers
* Gold plated switching contacts
* Local power supply regulation on each channel
* 110 or 220 volt operation with external selection, either 50 or 60 Hz
* 3 year warranty with registration
* Single rack space with internal power supply
* Big Iron Vintage Sound from custom-wound transformers
* ‘No-latency output monitoring for DAW users
* High-Z input is ideal for bass, guitar, and sound modules (FET-buffered and routed into the input transformer, a Great River exclusive)
* Gain stage monitoring via dual meters (also a Great River exclusive)
* Ultra quiet noise floor for outstanding performance at any gain setting
* Excellent stereo imaging (nearly identical phase response channel-to-channel) »