The FLEA ELA M 251 is the clone of this beauty.
Yes, it took quite a long time, but the complexity of this microphone demanded it, along with a
great deal of effort and deep enthusiasm in the development process.
Just an aside: if you weren’t passionate enough, the careful cloning of all the mechanical parts
could drive you insane.
But despite the difficulty, everything is perfected.
And a few things have actually been improved:
– all important connecting parts, pins and terminals are gold-plated
– the wiring based on Andreas Grosser’s latest update gives this amazing-sounding microphone
The other important parts of this microphone are:
– Tim Campbell CT12 capsule – the precise sound of the CK12
– carefully selected 6072A tube
– our identical T14/1 transformer clone
Enjoy your new microphone!
Frequency Range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-8
Sensitivity: 18 mV/Pa
Output Impedance: 200/50 Ohms
THD at 1kHz at 1Pa: 0,15%
Maximum SPL: 132 dB
Self Noise: 10 dBa
Capsule: CT12 (Tim Campbell)
Transformer: Flea T14/1
GE6072A (+300€) or TAD6072 (+50€)
*CT12 – Tim Campbell’s clone of the CK12 capsule