With the OC16, Austrian Audio introduces a brand–new microphone in the «Open Condenser» large–diaphragm series equipped with Open Acoustics technology.
The transparent and natural sound of OC microphones, which has been highly praised by the press and users, is the result of the combination of the patented CKR capsule and the «Open Acoustics» design approach developed by Austrian Audio.
The OC16 sets new standards with its unbeatable price/performance ratio.
The OC16 is an extremely flexible all–rounder and can be used on a wide variety of instruments: From drums to
electric and acoustic guitars, pianos, wind and string instruments to vocals.
Additionally, the OC16 cuts a perfect profile at the desk: podcast recordings, live streaming, dubbing of video
content or even online conferences – all this now created with the best speech intelligibility and quality.
The very precise cardioid polar pattern helps to suppress background noise, such as computer fan noise, effectively.
The OC16 all–rounder microphone is delivered in a practical soft case including an elastic spider suspension.
MAKING PASSION HEARD
• Equipped with the CKR6 capsule – handmade in Vienna.
• Low–cut / High Pass Filter
• 40Hz to eliminate lowest interference frequencies
• 160Hz to counteract the so–called “proximity effect”
• Flat design + low weight:
• Allows miking and precise alignment even in hard–
• Open Acoustics
• Elastic capsule suspension: the CKR capsule is
suspended in the microphone at three elastic points;
keeping interference from structure–borne noise to a
• High sound pressure compatibility:
• The OC16 can tolerate sound pressure of up to 148
dB SPL and can therefore be used without risk of
distortion even in front of very loud sound sources.
Unique Capsule Technology
• CKR Ceramic Large Condenser Capsule
• Upgraded capsule design with Innovative high–density materials
• Improved Mechanical isolation
• Consistent and reliable
• Narrow tolerances due to mechanical design
• Austrian inhouse designed and engineered
• Made in Vienna – Again!
• Each Capsule is hand built – one at a time!
• By an experienced team building capsules since 1990
Open Acoustic Technology
• “Make the best Capsule you can and convey the signal captured
without further colouration”
• Transformerless design with best–in–class low self noise
• Balanced Frequency response
• Off–Axis pickup smoother than typical
• Built–in diffuser/absorber.
• Located below the capsule is a specially tuned
• This eats up any reflections that would otherwise reflect
and bounce around inside the microphone’s housing.
• The goal is to render the robust microphone housing as
acoustically invisible as possible.
• Note that the capsule is floating by its rubber shock mounts above
• Decreased handling noise due to the integral suspension
• Directional characteristics: cardioid
• Frequency range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
• Sensitivity (all directions): 11 mV/Pa
• Equivalent noise level: 14 dB SPL (A)
• Max SPL: 148 dB SPL
• Low Cut filter: 40 Hz, 160 Hz
• Impedance: 275 Ω (2x)
• Load impedance: > 1 kΩ
• Supply voltage: 48 V (< 2.2 mA)
• Main Connector: XLR 3 pin
• Dimensions: 157 x 66 x 34 mm
• Weight: 335 g = (0.734 ibs)
• OC16 Set contains:
• 1x OC16 Microphone
• 1x OCS6 Suspension
• 1x OCH8 Mic Clip
• 1x MSC6 Case
Heritage & Legacy
Our core team comprises former AKG (Vienna) personnel
• Patents held in multiple disciplines
• The team developed some of the world’s best–selling
condenser and dynamic microphones and globally
renown headphones, that became industry standards.
• Extensive practical knowledge and ODM (Original
Design Manufacturing) work in pro audio, consumer
and automotive acoustics.
Over 350 years of experience
• Leaders in many engineering disciplines, including
acoustics, audio–electronic, automotive, DSP, firmware,
mechanical, noise cancelling, software, test and
measurement, telecom, and transducer.