The Discrete 4 Pro SC carries the heritage of Antelope Audio’s Discrete line and builds upon it with latest
generation AD/DA converters and improved software features. With blazing-fast Thunderbolt 3 and USB
2.0, ultra-low latency performance, and even better effects processing capabilities, the audio interface
caters to desktop setups and recording studios alike.
● High-fidelity conversion for detailed sound when recording and streaming audio, and 64-
bit AFC™ clocking technology delivering spacious stereo image with distinct separation;
● Four Discrete console-grade 6-transistor preamps on combo XLR jacks for professional
recordings. The combo jacks work as microphone/line inputs, and two of them are Hi-Z
● Four DC-coupled analog line outputs (TRS), a stereo monitor output (TRS), four independent
headphone outputs (TRS), ADAT & S/PDIF I/O. All I/O can be used simultaneously;
● 37 Synergy Core analog-modeled effects included and over 60 available as optional expansions.
Processed in real-time with imperceptible latency;
● Two routing options are available – standard routing that lets you select audio sources per
channel via drop-down menu and virtual patch-bay allowing the execution of advanced
input/output routing via drag and drop.
Professional sound quality
The quality A-D/D-A converters and clocking are the mainstay of any professional-sounding audio
recording. The Discrete 4 Pro has been upgraded with latest generation converters reaching up to 130dB
of headroom on the monitor DAC. As with all of Antelope Audio’s current generation interfaces, the
proprietary 64-bit AFC™ clocking provides a new level of detail in your recordings and exceptional stereo
image in audio playback.
Transparent is always better
Antelope Audio’s discrete preamp technology is a product of an extensive study of the greatest console
preamps in recording history. Designed with a unique 6-transistor topology, the Discrete preamps result
in maximum noise reduction and, most importantly, precise sound capture for most transparent
Advanced features for creative sessions
The virtual routing patch-bay on the Discrete 4 Pro streamlines the routing process, allowing you to
route any signal source to any output. Apart from the intuitive routing, the software control panel allows
you to create presets, quickly configure mixes with 4 fully independent 32-channel virtual mixers, and
With the enhanced processing, you can now add effects on any input source. Create different versions of
the same recording with unique effect chains, print them all simultaneously, and even send them to all
performers via the four independent headphone outputs. You want to keep everyone in the band happy,
Connectivity options of a rack-mount interface
The Discrete 4 Pro SC packs rich connectivity in a small package. Four mic/line inputs, two instrument
inputs, four DC-coupled line outputs, a pair of monitor outputs, four headphone outputs, ADAT and
S/PDIF I/O are at your disposal. For your computer connection, you have USB 2.0 & Thunderbolt 3 ports.
All I/O is available at any time and can be used simultaneously.
Give spice to your recordings
The 37 effects included with Discrete 4 Pro are modeled after iconic studio equipment and can be
applied in real-time. The extremely low latency is guaranteed by the option to monitor directly through
the interface during tracking and recording. All analog-modeled compressors, EQs and preamps, are
processed entirely inside the interface, putting zero load on your host CPU. The onboard Synergy
Core processing power enables you to load effects on up to 16 channel strips – this is 4 times as many as
the original Discrete 4 SC.
At any time, you can expand your collection by purchasing more analog-modeled effects such as Grove
Hill's Liverpool, and 3rd party effects like Antares’ Auto-Tune.
Conversion & Clocking
● Class-leading AD/DA conversion with up to 130dB of headroom.
● Recording, mixing and playback at up to 24-bit/192kHz.
● Proprietary 64-bit AFC™ (Acoustically Focused Clocking) technology & Jitter Management
algorithm delivering increased sound width, separation, and detail.
● 4 × Discrete 6-transistor preamps with 65dB of gain for pristine recordings. All work as
microphone/line and two are also Hi-Z inputs, on combo XLR jacks, and supply 48V of phantom
● Four DC-coupled analog output channels on TRS jacks.
● Thunderbolt™ 3 and USB 2.0 port with custom macOS & Windows drivers.
● Digitally expandable over ADAT, with up to 8 I/O channels available.
● Digitally expandable over S/PDIF, with up to 2 I/O channels available.
● Two word clock outputs letting you distribute the interface’s highly stable clock signal across
● Four independent stereo headphone outputs.
● Dedicated stereo monitor output over TRS.
● Direct monitoring with Synergy Core effects, processed in real-time with imperceptible latency.
● Expanded routing capabilities – select audio sources per channel with a drop-down menu
sequence or use of a virtual patch-bay.
● Customizable presets with signal routing, level adjustments, mixer and effects settings.
● Four independent mixers with adjustable levels, panning, stereo link and real-time effects. The
stereo mixes can be sent to any output, or looped back to the computer for streaming or
● Front panel with main volume knob and buttons for hands-on control of core parameters.
● Option to work without being connected to a computer (standalone operation).
● Wireless control of software features from a separate computer connected to the same
Real-time effects processing
● Collection of 37 Synergy Core effects modeled after classic and rare analog outboard gear.
● Synergy Core proprietary onboard platform powered by 2 × DSP & 1 × FPGA chips for real-time
effects processing with imperceptible latency.
● Modeling Engine allowing pairing with the Edge line of microphones for real-time use of vintage
• Discrete 4 Pro Synergy Core
• Quick start guide
• USB type-B to type-A cable
• External power supply unit
Note: Thunderbolt cable is not included.
Included Onboard Effects
Discrete 4 Pro Synergy Core comes with 37 effects included:
● 2 Preamps (Gyraf Gyratec IX, BA-31)
● 4 Equalizers (incl. VEQ-1A, VMEQ-5)
● 5 Compressors & Limiters (incl. Stay-Levin, FET-A76, VCA160)
● 22 Guitar Amps & Cabs (incl. Bluelux 1×12, Tube Guitar Amp)
● 2 Special Processing Effects (Expander, Noise Gate)
● 1 Reverb Effect (Auraverb)
● 1 Guitar Tuner (A-Tuner)
Full list of effects
● Gyraf Gyratec IX – Dual Tube Mic Preamp with HPF
● VCA160 – VCA Compressor / Limiter
● Stay-Levin – Vari-Mu Tube Compressor
● FET-A76 – FET Compressor / Limiting Amplifier
● VEQ-1A – 2-Band Tube EQ
● VMEQ-5 – 3-Band Tube Mid-Range EQ
● X903 – VCA Compressor / Limiter
● PowerFFC – Feed-Forward Compressor
● Clear Q – Parametric EQ
● Power EX – Expander
● VEQ-HLF – Tube 2-Band HPF / LPF
● Auraverb – Reverb
● BA-31 – Germanium Mic Preamp
● Power Gate – Noise Gate
● A-Tuner – Guitar Tuner
● Plexi 59 (UK) – Tube Guitar Amp
● Bass SuperTube VR – Tube Guitar Amp
● Darkface 65 (US) – Tube Guitar Amp
● Top30 (UK) Bright – Tube Guitar Amp
● Tweed Deluxe (US) – Tube Guitar Amp
● Overange 120 (UK) – Tube Guitar Amp
● BurnSphere (DE) Lead – Tube Guitar Amp
● Marcus II (US) Lead – Tube Guitar Amp
● Modern (US) CH3 – Tube Guitar Amp
● Rock 75 (UK) – Tube Guitar Amp
● Rock 22.10 (UK) – Tube Guitar Amp
● Darkface 65 2×12 – 2×12 Guitar Cabinet
● Top30 2×12 – 2×12 Guitar Cabinet
● Modern 4×12 – 4×12 Guitar Cabinet
● Green 2×12 – 2×12 Guitar Cabinet
● Vintage 4×12 – 4×12 Guitar Cabinet
● Green 4×12 – 4×12 Guitar Cabinet
● Caliper 50 1×10 – 1×10 Guitar Cabinet
● Bluelux 1×12 – 1×12 Guitar Cabinet
● Clst 1×12 – 1×12 Guitar Cabinet
● England 4×12 – 4×12 Guitar Cabinet
● Bass Tube 1×15 – 1×15 Guitar Cabinet
2 x Mic / Line Inputs
2 x Mic / Line / Hi-Z Inputs
1 x Monitor Out on TRS 1/4 Jacks, +20 dBu max
4 x Line Outs on TRS, +20 dBu max
4 x Stereo Headphone Outputs
EIN: -128 dBu (A-weighted)
Dynamic Range: -122 dB (A-weighted)
THD: -116 dB
Max input: +18 dBu
Max Gain: 65 dB
D/A Monitor Converter
Dynamic Range: 130 dB
THD + N: -115 dB
Dynamic Range: 122 dB
THD + N: -116 dB
D/A Converters(Line Out)
Dynamic Range: 121 dB
THD + N: – 100dB
1 x ADAT (up to 8CH)
1 x S/PDIF
1 x ADAT (up to 8CH)
1 x S/PDIF
USB 2.0 I/O
USB 2.0 Type B connector
Thunderbolt 3 on USB – C connector
Word Clock Outputs
2 x Outputs @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 – 192kHz
4th Generation Acoustically Focused Clocking
Sample Rates (kHz)
44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
1.7 kg/ 3.7 lbs
Width: 261 mm / 10.2”
Height: 44 mm / 1.7”
Depth: 208 mm /8.2”