The M-16 AD is fully identical to the M-32 AD, with these exceptions:
- only one 16-channel AD board fitted
- no fan
- lower power consumption, 40 Watts
The M-32 AD offers an outstanding AD conversion to MADI and ADAT formats in a compact 19″ unit with only 2U height. The balanced analog inputs based on RME’s reference design from the ADI-8 QS guarantee excellent S/N and THD specs across a wide analog level range. Three different hardware levels are available. Using up-to-date converter technology, the device not only works up to 192 kHz, but also reaches a real-world signal-to-noise ratio of 116 dBA – on all channels.
SteadyClock(TM) guarantees perfect sound quality through efficient jitter suppression, making the device completely independent from the quality of external clock signals. Intelligent Clock Control not only displays every clock status by means of flashing LEDs, but will also retain the last valid input sample rate in case of failure of the external source. Other renowned RME technologies like SyncCheck allow quick detection of clock problems.
All M-series converters are fully remote controllable and configurable via MIDI. Each unit’s complete status can be monitored, including all the front panel’s displays. Individual IDs can be set for each unit, for separated control of multiple units via a single MIDI channel. Control software for Mac and PC is supplied and allows easy remote control, also with MIDI transfer via MADI (MIDI Extender).
M-32 AD and M-16 AD have optical and coaxial MADI inputs. In case of failure of an input signal, the source is switched immediately, if a valid signal is present on the other input.
The M-32 AD’s four ADAT outputs provide simple connectivity with other studio equipment. A combination with RME’s HDSPe RayDAT makes a perfect partnership, allowing the transfer of 32 channels into a Mac or PC with regular optical Toslink cables at an unbeatable price. The converter’s ADAT input only serves as an optional source for external synchronization.
All settings are retained when the unit is powered off.
- 32-channel* AD converter, fully symmetrical design, 116 dBA
- 19″ enclosure with only 2 units height
- 1 x MADI I/O, 32 chanels @ 96 kHz, 16 channels @ 192 kHz
- 4 x ADAT Out, 16 channels @ 96 kHz, 8 channels @ 192 kHz
- Automatic Delay Compensation: no user operation necessary when stacking units
- Analog limiter can be activated
- 32* LED level meters with 5 LEDs each
- 32* LEDs to display the Limiter state per channel
- SteadyClock(TM) – pristine sound quality independently from the quality of the external clock signal
- SyncCheck(TM) – unique technology to check clock synchronization
- All settings are stored permanently
- Fully remote controllable via MIDI and MIDI over MADI