«Stereo Optical Tube Limiter.
The modern classic Inward Connections TSL-4 has gotten a visual refresh. For years, engineers have requested a more attractive color on the Vac Rac TSL. Since the TSL-4 Anniversary Edition was such a success, Inward Connections thought another shade of gray would surely please. Moving forth, the TSL-4 will be Gunmetal Gray. New color. Same great features!
Nearly two decades ago, Inward Connections created the TLM-1 (Tube Limiter Module) for their VacRac modular processing system. The TLM-1 was highly favored by many of the world’s top recording engineers and when the modular VacRac was discontinued, the TLM-1 topology found life as a new standalone, dual-channel unit. Thus, the TSL series was born.
The Inward Connections TSL-4 VacRac is the latest incarnation of this classic design. It adds new features without altering the sonic signature engineers have come to revere – Smooth limiting presented with the euphonic character and warmth of tubes. If you want to control the transients of vocals, guitars, bass or the mix bus, without tweaking a whole bunch of controls, the TSL-4 is exactly what you’ve been looking for.
Inward Connections also offers the TSL-4V VacRac. The TSL-4V is the TSL-4 equipped with hand-selected and factory-installed NOS tubes. The TSL-4V is a special order item and subject to the availability of tubes required.
Features per channel:
• 40-Detent Gain Makeup Control – variable control of 14dB of output gain
• 40-Detent Gain Reduction Control – variable control of up to 40dB of gain reduction
• Bypass Switch – engages or disengages the gain reduction element
• Output Switch – Assigns meters to Gain Reduction or Output
• Hi-Pass Filter Switch – engages 250Hz high pass filter within the gain reduction circuit
• Link Switch – Links opto cells of both channels for stereo operation
• Large 3″»x3″» Illuminated VU meter
• Zero trim to calibrate the meter in Limit mode
• Tubes used in both input channels: Input stage – 6072A, Output stage – 12BH7A
• Power Supply: Pure Class A high voltage tube design with AC Voltage selector
• Unit dimensions: 3 rack space. 5.25″» Height, 19″» Width, 11.5″» Depth
• Rugged, well-ventilated, 3U steel chassis design
• Classic vintage look
• Transformer Balanced, Line Level, XLR inputs and outputs
• Gain Reduction: up to 40db
• Input Impedance: >100k ohms
• Frequency Response: +/- 0.5 dB @ 20Hz to 20KHz
• Output Signal to Noise Ratio: -85dB
• THD + Noise:
◦ .015% @ 20Hz (0dB ref.)
◦ .085% @ 20KHz (0dB ref.)
◦ .15% @ 20Hz to 20KHz (+30dB ref.)
• Maximum Input Level: +20dB
• Maximum Output Level:
◦ +20dBm @ 600 ohms
◦ +34dBv @ 10K ohms
• Output Impedance: 600 ohms transformer balanced output »